Ford Transit Connect Forum

2013 TC base model Headunit and speakers upgrade*

Hi guys!

This post is going to be updated as I install various parts and is intended to save you guys some headaches. This is for a Single Din stereo.

To start this off, the 2013 model is different from the older ones in the head unit department:

* the wiring harness plug is different, you guys need to buy this harness:

Metra 70-5520C

* the correct antenna adapter is this:

Metra 40-CR10

The dashboard adapter from metro, the one for the '10 - '12 TC will not fit "as is". You need to make some modifications for a clean look. I will post some pics of that when I install it.

The issue is with the trim plate that goes over the dash kit to finish it off: it is about 2" longer than the dash opening for the stereo. It is an exact fit vertically, which is nice.

I did a dry fit tonite and kinda eyeballed what needs to be done. You can mount the entire unit (dash kit with pocket and stereo) in 2 of the existing holes in the car subframe. The holes line up, but you need 2 1/2" screws or longer (use the thicker kind for a tighter fit).

You can snap the dash panel over the dash kit W/O the trim plate, but there are gaps and I don't like it.

You could snap the dash panel over the dash kit W the trim plate if you cut 2 edges off the panel.

Will keep you posted.

As far as speakers go, I bought 6.5" coaxials from kenwood. The specs for these say that they need a cutout of 4.5" to sit flush on the mounting surface.

The standard speakers are 5.25 on my '13 TC. Hopefully, the bigger ones will fit without any cutting.

Sorry for long post and hope it helps someone save some $$ and time.