Ford Transit Connect Forum

Heated Seats

johnsonmy

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.. I will look into these.

In Denver, it's been around 0 to 10 degrees for the last week. A month ago, I found a simple heated pad at Costco that plugs into the cig. lighter.

It has high / low settings and only cost $20.

A cheap / temporary solution but really great !!

• 3 years later...

This raises questions about finding other Ford seats that will easily retrofit to the 2010-13 Ford Transit Connect.  Many of the parts are shared from the Ford Focus; does carry over to the seats too?  What seats can be bolted in to the TC?

Has anyone tried the Taxi option black vinyl seats that were available for the 2012 and 2013 Ford Transit Connect?

~Minimalist

No idea about the new shape but the original model had proprietary seats, no other Ford seat fit without fabrication.

Then again, the heating mats are so cheap and easy to install there's no point to go crazy unless you want to swap the seat for another reason.

• 1 month later...

I did not say Thanks at the time this was replied, sorry!  Agree on the heater pad availability.

That proprietary approach is a surprise actually.  With the parts bins as large as Ford has, I would have expected several choices from other models or years to just pop in.

Iv'e replaced seats in quite a few vehicles and it's usually the bracket bolted to the seat that is the individual part, and that bracket can often (not always) be used with other seats. FWIW

Not really the proper location under heated seats, but which parts transfer directly from other vehicles (such as the Focus)?  I would like to upgrade the seats, and heated would be great!  There are other items like steering wheel, suspension components, even the engine and automatic transmission.

I'm told that the second generation Ford Focus (2004-2011) can be a donation source for big things like engine and gearbox.  What about 5x108 wheels?  Other parts?