Ford Transit Connect Forum

Transit Connect Lowering Kit

I designed and manufactured a one=off bolt-in transit connect lowering kit. I am a mechanical engineer. The kit can be uninstalled and is completely reversible and rode awesome. It includes new front coil springs and a new rear suspension system. I have the engineering drawings for all the parts so these could be reproduced. It lowers the van 3+" in the rear and over an inch in the front. It is designed to level out the ride height while still being matched to the factory dampers and allowing some usability of the van (cargo capacity). $750 for the kit. $500 more for the engineering drawings. (This kit took many many hours to design and much more money to produce)

IMG_2043.JPG

TClow.jpg

zombiechad, just outstanding! Where have you been the last three years? I read from your other posts that you have sold your Transit Connect. Too bad for this forum. As for your lowering design, is it similar to the way our UK cousins flip the rear axle? Once again, terrific posts. Thank you.

Edited by 103west43rd

zombiechad, just outstanding! Where have you been the last three years? I read from your other posts that you have sold your Transit Connect. Too bad for this forum. As for your lowering design, is it similar to the way our UK cousins flip the rear axel? Once again, terrific posts. Thank you.

Thanks man. The transit was awesome when I was running my business out of my garage. Now that I have a warehouse with daily deliveries and pickups, it seemed like an unnecessary expense. (gotta keep overhead low right?) Anywho, the kit does flip the axle but in a different way (and superior way IMO). I was really happy with the kit. I had it on for 10k miles and 1.5 years with never a squeak. I am just too busy to try and reproduce and market it but I think it could be successfully sold in the US and the UK.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I know you're not here anymore, but that looks pretty darn good!  

I'm not willing to mount my axle on top of the springs (too risky imo) but it would be nice if there was an affordable way to drop the rear 2".  

Just something to level out the van.  It sounds like the only option is to have the springs physically altered to ride lower.  

Too bad.  

I'm actually still around but only because I am shopping for a 2nd generation transit connect right now.  I am however considering making a batch of these lowering kits.

1.  Why do you think mounting the axle on the top of the springs is too risky?  

2.  What do you consider affordable?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
On 2/3/2018 at 2:10 AM, Timbo said:

I know you're not here anymore, but that looks pretty darn good!  

I'm not willing to mount my axle on top of the springs (too risky imo) but it would be nice if there was an affordable way to drop the rear 2".  

Just something to level out the van.  It sounds like the only option is to have the springs physically altered to ride lower.  

Too bad.  

How about a pair of lowered leaf springs Timbo?
We produce them for the MK1 Connect in a variety of drops.

• 2 years later...