Ford Transit Connect Forum

U.S. Built Transit Connects?

robertlane

With the Transit becoming available in the summer of 2014 and it being built in the U.S., I wonder if the Transit Connect is next? It seems to me that the 2014 Transit Connect lost a little (ok, a lot) of its commercial look into a little more consumer - not sure if this will spike demand, but if it does, I wonder if they add T.C. production to the U.S. or Canada?

I agree with you, Robert regarding the rather drastic change to the TC for next year.

I wonder if it is not a mistake though, because the current TC seems to be just catching on here in my neck of the woods. I saw three at the same intersection yesterday, two commercial and one private. And none of those was even mine.

Edited by Willie

The new one just looks less boxy but it actually is. It's not lost any of the utility. LWB model will be much longer than the current LWB.

The 1.6 liter auto we get is thirsty (21 mpg urban), so it'll be rare amongst utility van users. It's ok for the passenger model.

• 2 weeks later...