Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

transformer

How to remove sliding door panel to install after market windows

I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the panels on the sliding doors of an xlt van so I can install windows. Any info is helpful

yes you did. Sorry about that. I was actually kind of in the middle of doing that when I posted it real quick.

my dad ended up actually finding some thick plexi-glass and putting silicone caulking around it to weather proof it. Kind of lame I know but it seems to work alright.

all I need is some trim and it'll look good as new. Also I need to find a back seat. yep yep.

Either way it's all good.

Glad it worked out. That is what counts. If I find an idea about trim, I will let you know. Keep coming back to the Forum, plenty of interesting ideas floating around!

i heard that the panels are also spot welded in each corner to let the glue set? the local shop wants 900 to do this. but from what i found, glass is under 150.00, and if you can use a hot knife, its just installing that would take time?

I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the panels on the sliding doors of an xlt van so I can install windows. Any info is helpful

Did you ever follow through on swapping in the windows?

FYI Transit people:

2015 XLT LWB Cargo Van

Ordered the passenger slider glass from the dealership: $290 plus tax.

Safelite charged me $60 to put it in, said it was easy ( no spot welds) and the removed panel is undamaged.

Backing up from 90 degrees into traffic is a lot less stressful.

Whatever shop said that they're spot-welded is trying to screw you over for more money. You can't spot-weld plastic/composite, which is what the panel is made from.

No one has answered the title of this thread, am looking for info on how do you remove/replace a sliding door on a TC. Can get one with glass for under 400$

It just bolted to the rail supports. Shouldn’t be too difficult. Check the cabling first.

The electrics are the only issue. If the door is from  a Van the harness should be the same, If the door is off a wagon there will be extra wiring for the window and sound system.

There’s a sliding door  power window in the wagon? I thought it’s only for the locks.

Wouldn't be very useful as a wagon if you couldn't roll the back windows down . . . . would it?

Don

My 2012 wagon’s sliding door windows are fixed and the rear quarter windows crack open from the back.

The wagon has power windows, the Van glass option is fixed.  I you were going to use the wagon door for a van you could live with a non operating window