Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
John Warren

Loud buzzing when driver's door is locked or unlocked

My Transit Connect's driver's door was OK when I took it in for service at the Autonation in Delray Beach,, but then the dealer called me that the driver's side door lock was "making a noise." They wanted $500 to fix it. My questions are two fold. Does anyone have an idea what they've done and how I can fix it and does anyone have any idea how I can disconnect the electronics and simply go back ot using a mechanical key.

Hello John, there is not enough detail in your post, but if I assume it is the driver's door lock unit, I think your dealer would have to remove the interior door panel to troubleshoot the noise. If they did, they would unplug the lock unit to see if the "noise" stopped. Just tell them to leave it unplugged and put the door back together! Let us know the outcome and good luck.

Mine did the same thing after I picked it up from getting the front wheel bearings and carrier bearing replaced. Now the automatic locking doesn't work at all, have to use the key. Looking for parts and installation info if anyone knows.

My 2010 started making the same noise 4 days after my warranty expired. The dealer quoted me a similar price to replace the mechanism. I've learned to live with the noise. Too many other costly issues with brakes, wheel bearings & shocks. It is handy in a parking lot to scare people who park too close.

I have the damn actuator on the driver door uninstalled for everything except unplugging the wires.

Anybody know how that connector unplugs?

I own a 2010 FTC XLT Van w/45,00 miles.  Just recently the actuation of unlocking has started buzzing.  It seem to come from the side sliding door at the rear end.  This occurs whether I use the key or the fob to unlock the vehicle.  Any suggestions?

Same situation here, drivers door actuator very loud buzz lasts about 2 seconds....sure it is actuator and was going to try and take it out to clean it but CANNOT

get the key lock tumbler from outside to disengage with the interior component....sure this has to happen to pull the actuator.....Irony, just a couple days after I pulled the panel the electric window regulator went out....thought about the repair kit because it's fairly cheap and I didn't need the motor, but bought the whole regulator and installed it, was very easy.  But while I have the panel pulled I want to address the actuator buzz.  Appreciate the feedback.