Ford Transit Connect Forum

Reverse Light & Parking Brake Wiring Location

vcypher

I just installed a new Kenwood receiver in my 2010 TC. The instructions for wiring the rear view camera are as follows:

Reverse Light ( + )

Pin #11 of 23-pin white plug at GEM under drivers dash behind fuse box

GN/WT

Parking Brake ( - )

Pin #7 of 40-pin gray plug at drivers side of the firewall ¹

BK/RD

Does anybody know exactly which plugs these are and where they are located? I don't have a wiring diagram.

Thanks,

Vic

vcyper, you have a tough one. The GEM (Generic Electronic Module) is mounted, as you said, behind the fuse box. What this really means is it is mounted on the back side of the dash. You will need to get under the dash to see it. To make matters even worse, there are 5 connectors plugged into the GEM, 201A through 201E and they are all 23 pin connectors.. You want 201A. With your head under the dash, it will be the second connector from the left. Pin 11 on 201A is the only GN/WT (green with white stripe) wire in any of the connectors. Each connector has 4 rows of pins, pin 11 is in the row with 6 pins. It only has voltage in the run or start ignition position, so it is easy to check with a volt meter.

The gray connector you want, C213, is under the hood, as you said, driver's side of the firewall, close to the fender, behind the strut tower. Once again, there are multiple connectors at that location, C213 and C215, C213 should be the one on the left (further from the fender). C213 is the only connector with a black with red stripe wire.

Good Luck.

In honesty, it would be much easier to splice into the cable loom as it goes over the rear wheel arch and then extend back to under the dashboard. It's not difficult to route lightweight cables under the plastic floor liner next to the front seat. As 103 writes, you would have a lot of difficulty tapping into the cabling at the general module.

T230 Limited 110 diesel, Clifford alarm, sat-nav, rear view camera, HID headlamps, front park sensors, leisure battery with onboard charger, fully fused 12V distribution, mains distribution, diesel night heater, carpeted ply floor, insulation, LED lighting.

Andy UK

vcyper, you have a tough one. The GEM (Generic Electronic Module) is mounted, as you said, behind the fuse box. What this really means is it is mounted on the back side of the dash. You will need to get under the dash to see it. To make matters even worse, there are 5 connectors plugged into the GEM, 201A through 201E and they are all 23 pin connectors.. You want 201A. With your head under the dash, it will be the second connector from the left. Pin 11 on 201A is the only GN/WT (green with white stripe) wire in any of the connectors. Each connector has 4 rows of pins, pin 11 is in the row with 6 pins. It only has voltage in the run or start ignition position, so it is easy to check with a volt meter.

The gray connector you want, C213, is under the hood, as you said, driver's side of the firewall, close to the fender, behind the strut tower. Once again, there are multiple connectors at that location, C213 and C215, C213 should be the one on the left (further from the fender). C213 is the only connector with a black with red stripe wire.

Good Luck.

• 2 months later...

About Transit Connect 2010 rear cam install...

For reversing signal wire or other, just buy that service manual, you will have all you need to understand why you are still searching for that fuc...'n green-black wire...

https://sellfy.com/p/Uwit/%C2'>

With that wonderfull tool, I discovered that green-black is changing for green-yellow at the main wiring harness just under your feets on driver side (on left side in Canada)

Just remove plastic trim on the floor at the door entry to permit acces to left pillar trim. Remove one screw for that pillar and pull it toward you. (Don't pull to the right!)

Remove bit of tape around harness and search for the big one because, you will see three green-yellow wires but two are small #20-22AWG and only one is as big as that green-black one on rear lights. Just 'Connect' on it and enjoy!

Be patient when you try to put the screw back on left pillar plastic trim, screw is not guided and it could be hard to find where it goes...

just use your hand and search for sensing hole and begin to turn in manually before using screwdriver.

I don't searched for parking brake wire as I grounded wire from radio to have full access to menu all times.

We only need to be smart enough not to tinker in menus or listening to a video while driving...

It's a matter of life or death...

Now I have powerful music in my Transit as I added two 6X9 speakers in rear doors along with rear cam.

Radio installed is a Pioneer AVHX-2500BT, what a wonderful piece of electronics!

So simple and intuitive to use, I recommend it!

Louis

• 5 years later...

Connect revere wire on the unit to the positive side of the backup lamp, using additional wire run to the front.

I am going through the very same problem, as I need power to the reverse wire of a Dul Electronics receiver unit that I installed for Apple Carplay. I ran an "additional, wire connected to the positive side of the backup lights to the front and connected to the reverse wire.   After reading what was posted here, I realized that any positive connection to the reverse wire on the reciever makes the unit switch to the camera mode.  This wire was in addition to the connection required by the camera.  I think it was easier than trying to locate the reverse wire in the harness.