Ford Transit Connect Forum

Transit Connect Poll

Transit Owners Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Is yout Transit For Business or Pleasure?

2. 2. What Body Type Do You Own

3. 3. Trim Type

Thank you Ed.

This should be interesting.

I'm a non-commercial, private owner. The van is used for personal transportation, and fits my hobby interests perfectly

It is used to transport bicycles when needed, as I collect and restore classic/antique bikes for fun.

Roland C.

Happily Transiting shift.gif

Non-commercial here as well, my mind was made up I needed a different vehicle after a 400 mile trip from NC to VA hauling a bunch of computer stuff with my seat pushed a few inches too far forward so I could fit it all in the car. I was always a fan of the Sprinter, but that would've been overkill for sure. The TC seemed like just the right size.

Edited by tone007

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

90 - 95% business, 5 - 10% personal driving. On average and based on my mileage logs, my work-related driving is about 500 - 700 miles per month, and my personal driving is about 30 - 50 miles per month. I could cover most of my personal driving with a little electric scooter if I chose to do that. As it is, I tag my grocery runs on at the end of the work day, etc.

I have the "wagon" body type because:

= The extra glass in the mid-section is helpful for visibility, notably at acute-angle intersections (of which we have a lot in our area), and when parking.

= Occasionally I have to carry two crew members, so I need the 2nd row seats.

= On rare occasions I have to carry two or three friends on personal trips, ditto re. seats.

However, the plain panels in the rear of the sides are more useful than even more glass would be, by way of placement of advertising signs. Also, any more glass in the rear sides would increase cargo visibility for thieves.

XLT trim package, because:

= Cruise control improves fuel efficiency.

= My left arm has aches & pains so electric windows are useful for accessibility reasons.

The only other extra-cost option I have is the 270-degree rear door system. At first I was going to be stoic and not spend the extra @ $250, but I'm glad I did: much safer to fold the doors around when loading/unloading on city streets, and enables backing right up to doors of buildings for loading/unloading.

I already have a GPS system (Panasonic) so there was no need for a built-in GPS; and I already carry a laptop everywhere, so there was no need for a built-in computer. The casual mount for the GPS fits very nicely into that pocket in the center of the top surface of the dashboard, without need of using the suction cup to hold it in place. And the standard audio system is more than adequate for news & music on the road.

Edited by PBXgeek