Ford Transit Connect Forum

Anyone successfully fit a 6.5" in the door and maintain OEM speaker grill?

Raincity

The cone will be off the center of the door grill, because the OEM speaker is really close to the rigid frame parts.

Opened up the door today and you were right. OEM speaker is already off-center slightly so cutting in a 6.5 would only make it worse since you would have to avoid other bits.

Opened up the door today and you were right. OEM speaker is already off-center slightly so cutting in a 6.5 would only make it worse since you would have to avoid other bits.

Yes, this is an annoyance, especially with the proximity of the grille to the armrest. I have a nice pair of Infinity's from my BMW that I wanted to fit, but realised that they would have to mount through the door card to have any chance of fitting.

T230 Limited 110 diesel, Clifford alarm, sat-nav, rear view camera, HID headlamps, front park sensors, leisure battery with onboard charger, fully fused 12V distribution, mains distribution, diesel night heater, carpeted ply floor, insulation, LED down-lighting.