Ford Transit Connect Forum

Factory am/fm/cd has fader control.........

bilgewiper

.........but it does not come with rear speakers stock. Does anybody know if there is actual rear speaker outputs on the back of the radio so if one were to install rear speakers that fader control would have something to actually fade?

This was the $64 question when I put the additional stuff into mine. The $64 answer seems to be that there are no rear outputs from the radio itself, though the pass-through harness I bought has rear wires in it. We tried different things to see if they worked independant of the fronts, but to no avail. I also had hoped to use an EQ for just that purpose, but that was nixed by the choices I made for the amp/speakers/sub.

After the installation, I don't think it mattered that much, the system delivers VERY nicely. I just need to complete my interior stuff and do some more insulation. I didn't put insulation under the front carpet, and it needs it. I also want to do the roof under the headliner, something on the sliding doors (challenge here is the clearance to the rear side panels on opening), and to finish the rear inner body sides. I eventually will make better rear door trim panels (slightly larger than the originals), and that should make the difference I'm looking for. It is presently MUCH more quiet than when I got it. The insulation done so far, and the tire change made it much better, then the rear floor and under the the front door trim panels made a good bit of difference too.

Back to the subject... sorry. No rear outputs were found in this one. I don't know if the upgraded radio with all the bluetooth/computer stuff has them as I have the 6000CD radio. It's working fine now, but initially sounded like a couple of tin cans hooked together with kite string.

Roland C.

Happily Transiting shift.gif

Edited by REC

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, it will help me decide what to do next.

I attached speakers to the connections on the back of the radio where the rear speakers should be connected. I do have sound coming out of the speakers. The fade function does not work. however if you do a speaker test, the rear speakers do not come on so all it should take is setting a software code to let the stero know it has rear speakers.

• 4 months later...

I attached speakers to the connections on the back of the radio where the rear speakers should be connected. I do have sound coming out of the speakers. The fade function does not work. however if you do a speaker test, the rear speakers do not come on so all it should take is setting a software code to let the stero know it has rear speakers.

So true no fade control but I do have sound....who knows if there any secret programming to make it work