Ford Transit Connect Forum

Replacing 2010 TC Wheel Cover/Hub Cap

StegRock

Hello!

We too are proud owners of a Transit Connect, 2010.

Recently lost a wheel cover/hub cap, standard stock (silver plastic). Looking to replace it (affordably). But, before making a(n on-line) purchase, I just want to make sure these things are not a pain to install (I am thinking not, but...), are they? Is there any secret to popping them on correctly and securely? Are there any concerns I should know about installing them myself (I am not incompetent, but I am also not the handiest guy in the world)?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me!

- Steve

They simply snap on to the wheel. Very easy to put on or take off. There is a cutout for the tire valve stem that you should line up. I find it easiest to secure one part of the cover, and then hold that part with my knee while using my hands to work the rest of the cover on.

They simply snap on to the wheel. Very easy to put on or take off. There is a cutout for the tire valve stem that you should line up. I find it easiest to secure one part of the cover, and then hold that part with my knee while using my hands to work the rest of the cover on.

azdamay, thank you very much for your very helpful reply!

I have some to sell. $15 plus shipping. (I will not even charge a "handling fee"!!! Ha!) If interested send private mail.

Willie, what would I be looking at for shipping to 96818, Honolulu, Hawaii? Thank you.

I have some to sell. $15 plus shipping. (I will not even charge a "handling fee"!!! Ha!) If interested send private mail.

Willie, I cannot send you a private message because I do not have ten posts... I am guessing that, if you private-message me, I will be able to reply, though (maybe)... So, you want to give it a try and hit me up...

Willie, my hypothesis was wrong. I still cannot reply with a private message. So, I am having to type this again. Arrrrrgh! (I should have copied it before trying to send it.) Here it is...

Bottom line, I am interested, that is, in need of one (recently had a tire rotation and, yea, my front driver's-side one evidently popped off, Lord knows where). Shipping to Hawaii should not cost (much) more, and I do not need it rush-ordered or anything. As long as the wait is not weeks, I get it when I get it. So, if you can get me an estimate on the shipping, I am game. If it is much more than, say, $25, though, ($40 total) I am pretty sure I have more affordable and convenient options. Let me know at your earliest possible convenience.

By the way, if we do this, how would I go about paying you? Well, be in touch! I am...

... Sincerely,

Steve

• 5 months later...

Thought I would recycle this thread instead of cluttering the board with a brand-new thread...

Need another 2010 TC wheel cover! Willie above, from whom I ended up purchasing the last one, is out. Anybody out there got any?

- Steve