Ford Transit Connect Forum

New Wheels

vectorpickle

Huh, I was just kidding, didn't realize you were actually going to do that. So how are you going to deal with the rear? From the little bit that I've seen on the internet, the Euro guys have done some dodgy stuff to get the back end to sit lower (certainly things that would modify the load rating, anyway).

Nice look. Still got the original 15's on ours, but I'm looking at options when it's time to replace them. Any change in mileage? I'd like to widen the wheelbase too, but seems like all the wheels on TireRack are 40mm offset. I think the stock is 52mm or so.

• 8 months later...

Huh, I was just kidding, didn't realize you were actually going to do that. So how are you going to deal with the rear? From the little bit that I've seen on the internet, the Euro guys have done some dodgy stuff to get the back end to sit lower (certainly things that would modify the load rating, anyway).

Euro guys flip the rear axle around so it would sit on top of the spring leaf.

Nice! I'm doing the poor mans version...ditched the hubcaps after I lost one that popped off, added stainless steel trim rings to the OEM steel wheels and am going to hit them with a coat of black paint this winter when I have some time. Then I'm going to try the "painted laundry detergent cap" center cap that someone else on the forum posted awhile back to finish them off.

Should end up with about $50 invested when I'm done and will post pics...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HI Guys,

Greetings from Scotland, I'm a newbie here. I recently bought 15" steel ring embellishers to brighten up the factory standard steel wheels that came with my Connect. Trouble is they don't fit. I stupidly thought that buying 15" steel rings would be a sensible fit on 15" steel wheels... There is a recess that these need to fit into? and I think I need to get 13" ones to make them fit. (I hacksawed 2/3 inches out of one of the 15" ones, and it looks like 13" is the right diameter). I have contacted the company I bought them from for advice but waiting to hear back so thought someone here might know which diameter is needed. I notice that azdamay has successfully fitted these rings :)

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,

C

HI Guys,

Greetings from Scotland, I'm a newbie here. I recently bought 15" steel ring embellishers to brighten up the factory standard steel wheels that came with my Connect. Trouble is they don't fit. I stupidly thought that buying 15" steel rings would be a sensible fit on 15" steel wheels... There is a recess that these need to fit into? and I think I need to get 13" ones to make them fit. (I hacksawed 2/3 inches out of one of the 15" ones, and it looks like 13" is the right diameter). I have contacted the company I bought them from for advice but waiting to hear back so thought someone here might know which diameter is needed. I notice that azdamay has successfully fitted these rings :)

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,

C

Can't figure what the problem might be, I bought generic 15 inch hubcaps for mine and they fit just fine.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought a black 2014 TC Titanium last October. For winter I outfitted it with a set of Michelin snow tires on black Momo Winter Pros:

t_20121001.momwip.mtb.ang.jpg

I had considered larger wheels for summer driving, but I was a bit concerned about harshing out the ride. And after riding the 16s all winter I liked the black on black look and figured I didn't need larger rims. Last week I ordered a set of black16 inch Momo Revenge wheels. I should have them mounted within the next week.

momorevengeblack.jpg

Edited by scottythe1nonly

• 3 weeks later...