Ford Transit Connect Forum

How long does it take to get a new transit

TonyC

Hi All,

I've been waiting almost 2 1/2 months for my new transit connect... How long does it usually take to get a custom built transit..If I have too wait much longer...legally can I cancel the order and get my refund back?

Hi All,

I've been waiting almost 2 1/2 months for my new transit connect... How long does it usually take to get a custom built transit..If I have too wait much longer...legally can I cancel the order and get my refund back?

TonyC, I can't address the legal stuff, but here's my story. I live about an hour from Baltimore (the east coast drop point). I ordered mine around the beginning of Sept. and delivery was about 1st week of December. What I recommend is going to the dealer and speaking with the head floor manager (they usually sit on a raised platform of some kind). If your salesperson hasn't been able to get a ETA for you, tell the manager to punch in the order code to access the Vehicle Visibility report. That will tell you exactly where the vehicle is and will give a pretty close ETA (within a few days). If that manager doesn't know how to get the report, go over his/her head until you find someone who does.

My salesman originally gave me an ETA of 2 months which was obviously wrong. He didn't know how to track the international reports, nor did he have the clearance to do so. Ford has done an awful job of preparing sales staff for dealing with this vehicle. Just keep working up the ladder - you'll find the answer sooner or later. Good luck!

Hi All,

Mine was ordered July 14th and arrived November 9th. I am assuming the dealer could not locate one exactly like you wanted thus your order. You will get what you want not what someone else decided to order based on previous orders or what the dealership feels is safe and will eventually sell. I am glad I waited for a vehicle "built for me."

To have some "FUN" and to help pass the time, get a printout of the latest Vehicle Visibility Report from the dealer. Ask for an expanded full history status printout which provides the vehicle location/date/ETA. Also ask for a complete report of a Transit Connect that the dealer has available for sale or recently sold for a timeline comparison for vehicles to their location. Depending on the upfitting ordered that is completed at the Modcenter in Baltimore, it will give you a general feel for what it will take for your vehicle. The dealer should be able to provide updates to you especially if they want to have a satisfied customer.

Now for the fun part and to pass some time. Once the report shows the vehicle is in transit/shipped ocean, you will have the name of the ship your vehicle is on. You may be able to track this vessel using www.marinetraffic.com. You can also do a search with the vessel name to see what information is available. There are a couple of other tracking sites but this one seems the most complete site with vessel details, pictures, last known port, current latitude/longitude, etc.

If you have more time, some more fun. I enjoy all types of photography and apparently there are a number of others out there that feel the same. The site provided vessel photo links and someone managed to take a photo of the Hoegh Kobe, the ship carrying my vehicle, off the coast of Kythira Islad, Greece during the actual transport timeline. In addition, I was able to follow the GPS tracking from Turkey to Baltimore. Technology is great. If your sales person continues to cooperate, and to carry you to the last days before receiving your TC once your vehicle leaves the Modcenter, the Vehicle Visibility report will also provide the railcar number. Yes, there are photographers out there taking pictures of various types of trains, carriers, stations and there is a railcar database out there that may have your number on it.

Before you know it you will be enjoying your new Transit Connect. Be prepared to talk about and answer a lot of questions regarding your vehicle purchase.

Final note... once your dealer has the VIN#, they can print out a copy of the window sticker for your vehicle for you to enjoy until...

Edited by kmoilan1