Ford Transit Connect Forum

Air Intake

scooot

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

IF YOU PUT A BIGGER INTAKE ON, YOU WILL ONLY GET MORE POWER IF YOU INCREASE THE EXHAUST AS WELL. BUT BE REAL, IT A 2.0L 4 BANGER. IT IS ECONOMICAL, PRACTICAL , AND IT IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE FAST. I REALIZE THAT I AM AN OLD MAN AND DRIVE LIKE ONE, THATS WHY I GET ALMOST 26MPG. IF YOU WANT A LITTLE BETTER MPG (NOT MUCH MORE POWER) YOU CAN PUT A K&N AIR FILTER IN THE EXISTING BOX, AND CHECK, CLEAN, AND OIL IT ON A REGULAR BASIS.

WOODY

• 3 weeks later...

IF YOU PUT A BIGGER INTAKE ON, YOU WILL ONLY GET MORE POWER IF YOU INCREASE THE EXHAUST AS WELL. BUT BE REAL, IT A 2.0L 4 BANGER. IT IS ECONOMICAL, PRACTICAL , AND IT IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE FAST. I REALIZE THAT I AM AN OLD MAN AND DRIVE LIKE ONE, THATS WHY I GET ALMOST 26MPG. IF YOU WANT A LITTLE BETTER MPG (NOT MUCH MORE POWER) YOU CAN PUT A K&N AIR FILTER IN THE EXISTING BOX, AND CHECK, CLEAN, AND OIL IT ON A REGULAR BASIS.

WOODY

• 1 month later...

Here it IS, the miracle module. :yahoo: I just know we all will be rushing :speedie: to order it for our Transit Connects................. :hysterical2:

"Up to 50 extra horsepower, 30% increase in fuel mileage and up 50 extra ft/lbs of torque" :banvictory:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280554835897&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123

Here it IS, the miracle module. :yahoo: I just know we all will be rushing :speedie: to order it for our Transit Connects................. :hysterical2:

"Up to 50 extra horsepower, 30% increase in fuel mileage and up 50 extra ft/lbs of torque" :banvictory:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280554835897&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123

And all for $14.95 no less .

That was great , I`m still laughing :D

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do not put a K&N filter in the TC, the airbox has all those fancy and expensive sensors in it, the oil from the filter will get on them and jack them up then you will have to replace them.

Sorry but my TC has had a K& N filter on it since it left the dealer and no problems with Oil on those expensive sensors where do you get this info ! If you clean and maintain the filter as per the manufacturer there is no excess oil to go on the sensors ..... :hysterical:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone noticed a real difference using the K&N filter on a stock engine? Either SOP (seat of pants) or real dyno info is greatly appreciated.

The TC is severely anemic and I'm looking for some ways to improve it's power without dropping a different engine in it.

• 8 months later...

Bringing this back from the grave, but I just put a fswerks cold air kit on my transit. Did a hill climb test 3 runs before average time to top 19.81, 3 runs after install avg 19.78. Same day, air temp only 1 degree warmer, engine to operating temp both times...and the survey says...no appreciable difference...bummer. At least I only had a hundred in the kit as I bought it off a pal down on his luck.

Bringing this back from the grave, but I just put a fswerks cold air kit on my transit. Did a hill climb test 3 runs before average time to top 19.81, 3 runs after install avg 19.78. Same day, air temp only 1 degree warmer, engine to operating temp both times...and the survey says...no appreciable difference...bummer. At least I only had a hundred in the kit as I bought it off a pal down on his luck.

Thanks for posting your results. Are you planning any gas mileage comparison?