1st time Transit Owner

humitex

Well, so far I'm pleased with my new Blue TC...my only compliants are:

1. Hard to see sideview mirror on driver side due to window rail

2. Radio sounds like *&^%

3. Little sluggish

4. Key fobs are hard to see, but I'm sure I'll get used to it

5. Parts needed to install aftermarket items must be ordered from overseas

6. Rear view mirror is too small (I own the XLT wagon with rear seats)

7. Cup holders are too small and cramped between seats. (ok if you drink from soda cans)

8. Arm rest squeeks

9. Would like to see more mounting areas in rear cargo area. Maybe a secure spot to screw into?

10. I would like to see a standard gas cap door without a lock

11. The rear doors should unlock with all other doors, or have a owner option feature that allows you to choose

Thats it...I still love my van!

We own a service business that helps school kitchens comply with USDA and HACCP regulations by monitoring and controlling humidity inside the walk-in cooler and freezer.

So, we don't carry much on-board besides a step-ladder, cart, tool bag and 5 or 6 boxes of filters. The TC has the perfect amount of space needed for us, and the fuel economy to help control expenses.

I used to be in the automotive aftermarket installation business installing radios, alarms, amps, lights, GPS or any other electronic item..so if I can assist anyone, please drop me a line.

Justin/Filter Guy :rockon:

Well, so far I'm pleased with my new Blue TC...my only compliants are:

1. Hard to see sideview mirror on driver side due to window rail

2. Radio sounds like *&^%

3. Little sluggish

4. Key fobs are hard to see, but I'm sure I'll get used to it

5. Parts needed to install aftermarket items must be ordered from overseas

6. Rear view mirror is too small (I own the XLT wagon with rear seats)

7. Cup holders are too small and cramped between seats. (ok if you drink from soda cans)

8. Arm rest squeeks

9. Would like to see more mounting areas in rear cargo area. Maybe a secure spot to screw into?

10. I would like to see a standard gas cap door without a lock

11. The rear doors should unlock with all other doors, or have a owner option feature that allows you to choose

Thats it...I still love my van!

We own a service business that helps school kitchens comply with USDA and HACCP regulations by monitoring and controlling humidity inside the walk-in cooler and freezer.

So, we don't carry much on-board besides a step-ladder, cart, tool bag and 5 or 6 boxes of filters. The TC has the perfect amount of space needed for us, and the fuel economy to help control expenses.

I used to be in the automotive aftermarket installation business installing radios, alarms, amps, lights, GPS or any other electronic item..so if I can assist anyone, please drop me a line.

Justin/Filter Guy rockon.gif

By the numbers...

1 - Amen. I'm looking into the eropean style ones. They're taller.

2 - Amen. Radio got to stay, but the attached parts are in a box in the shed now. Much better....

3 - Huh? I outran a scooter the other day. rolleyes.gif Yeah, it's not as quick as the Crown Vic (complete with attitude) it replaced, but it doesn't eat as much either. (by a long shot!)

4 - Yeah, you will...

5 - What parts? I had to get a wiring piece for the radio to direct hook my XM, but found out later I could get it through a shop locally. He said it was unusual, but obtainable. Fog lights...Yup.

6 - Drive like you're in a Ferrari.... Who needs a rear view mirror? Agreed. I'm looking in the boneyard for one like I had in the Crown. (It had a compass and dimming)

7 - As long as it holds my large coffee.... (it does)

8 - Thats all? I'm still chasing a few others, but have reeled in most of 'em now.

9 - Amen. I'm working on the back a little at a time. It is a slow process with no money!

10 - AMEN! That is a P.I.A. to say the least. It is secure though...

11 - a second push of the button undoes the rear doors - and if you do them first, a second push of that button undoes the others. I'm already used to this. I thought it was odd at first, but there are other little oddities that exist too.

Over and above all of this (And by the way.. I'm not too serious for the most part), I really like mine. I passed the 5000 mile mark on Thursday coming home. No problems that have to do with anything important. The bigggest issues so far were two small trim pieces that were broken, both to do with doors, and the rattles I've been killing one at a time. Yeah, it's under warranty, but I've seen the test drives for this type stuff.... not with mine! The worst two were the tether for the spare tire was not fully secured at the wheel, and the other end can be metal to metal contact with the bracket that holds it, the other was the left sliding door had a loose bolt in the striker. I would never have found this one had I not just gone to making sure visible bolts were tight. It was LOUD! I did crank the spare tire a little tighter right from the start too..

My biggest dislike is the wiper switch setup. Too sensitive. the slightest touch set it into motion - and usually right after you are finshed cleaning it! Arrgh!

The radio part of your post is hilarious. (And oh so true.) I like the automatic speed sensitive volume, and the CD and radio are good, but the speakers were a joke! Glad they're gone now.

Enjoy it.. and I like the blue. Mine is not blue.... or silver, or red..... or even black. It looks like most every other one I saw up to the day I bought it. Of course, one of the places I had been looking was waiting for a silver one... and it came in the day after I got mine. Mine is white. Oh well.... I can live with it.

By the way... how about that front seat armrest?

Roland C.

Happily Transiting shift.gif

post-112-125833441139_thumb.jpg

John here,

the boss bought 2 of these, stripped down. I cant complain about anything myself. Except the cup holders.

I am an alarm and video tech for banks, so i carry lots of tools. I had to add my own shelfs and a tool box.

I have an overhead shelf above the front seats. It is a great place for a hat and a coat. I got my stereo in on Monday night and now am looking for speakers.

It is a step up from a Ranger with 300k miles, ticking lifters, wrecked front end, manual trans, and a leaky camper.

Hey Roland,

Enjoyed your post! LOL

Seems there are more complaints about the cup holders then expected!...oh and the driverside sliding door sticks too...may need some grease.

I'm getting the truck lettered tomorrow..can't wait.

Speaking of a Ferrari...my favorite car, by the way...I get so many looks it kinda feels like I'm in a Ferrari....but without Christy Brinkly

I had to remove the antenna so the van would fit in my garage...hey, as long as I can still listen to Rush. I started my radio transformation, I ran a 4awg power wire for my 4 channel amp which will be mounted nicely under the driver seat, and a 150amp fuse under the hood. Next phase is to run speaker wires to the rear doors for a set of 6.5 speakers. Then the CD deck, Sirius Sat and a small Infinity amplified amp, which is still being considered...not sure if I want to loose any space even though its only a 10in sub.

I hate the fact I have to order the kit from the UK, but I found a company that seems good. I used to install for many many years, and it looks like a VW kit, VW harness and VW antenna adapter.

I'll post some pics of the lettering...the only lettered Blue Transit in Houston! woo hoo

Justin

:happy feet:

By the numbers...

1 - Amen. I'm looking into the eropean style ones. They're taller.

2 - Amen. Radio got to stay, but the attached parts are in a box in the shed now. Much better....

3 - Huh? I outran a scooter the other day. rolleyes.gif Yeah, it's not as quick as the Crown Vic (complete with attitude) it replaced, but it doesn't eat as much either. (by a long shot!)

4 - Yeah, you will...

5 - What parts? I had to get a wiring piece for the radio to direct hook my XM, but found out later I could get it through a shop locally. He said it was unusual, but obtainable. Fog lights...Yup.

6 - Drive like you're in a Ferrari.... Who needs a rear view mirror? Agreed. I'm looking in the boneyard for one like I had in the Crown. (It had a compass and dimming)

7 - As long as it holds my large coffee.... (it does)

8 - Thats all? I'm still chasing a few others, but have reeled in most of 'em now.

9 - Amen. I'm working on the back a little at a time. It is a slow process with no money!

10 - AMEN! That is a P.I.A. to say the least. It is secure though...

11 - a second push of the button undoes the rear doors - and if you do them first, a second push of that button undoes the others. I'm already used to this. I thought it was odd at first, but there are other little oddities that exist too.

Over and above all of this (And by the way.. I'm not too serious for the most part), I really like mine. I passed the 5000 mile mark on Thursday coming home. No problems that have to do with anything important. The bigggest issues so far were two small trim pieces that were broken, both to do with doors, and the rattles I've been killing one at a time. Yeah, it's under warranty, but I've seen the test drives for this type stuff.... not with mine! The worst two were the tether for the spare tire was not fully secured at the wheel, and the other end can be metal to metal contact with the bracket that holds it, the other was the left sliding door had a loose bolt in the striker. I would never have found this one had I not just gone to making sure visible bolts were tight. It was LOUD! I did crank the spare tire a little tighter right from the start too..

My biggest dislike is the wiper switch setup. Too sensitive. the slightest touch set it into motion - and usually right after you are finshed cleaning it! Arrgh!

The radio part of your post is hilarious. (And oh so true.) I like the automatic speed sensitive volume, and the CD and radio are good, but the speakers were a joke! Glad they're gone now.

Enjoy it.. and I like the blue. Mine is not blue.... or silver, or red..... or even black. It looks like most every other one I saw up to the day I bought it. Of course, one of the places I had been looking was waiting for a silver one... and it came in the day after I got mine. Mine is white. Oh well.... I can live with it.

By the way... how about that front seat armrest?

Roland C.

Ed,

Yes, that would be me!

We made our decision to purchase the TC after seeing it at one of your competitors..but I didn't want the white one. Here is what helped us decide to buy it so fast:

1. We found your dealership on the internet and you were the only game in town with a Blue TC

2. Your team greeted us promptly and was very friendly

3. We were treated like Family

4. Your team spent time explaining the buying process, details of the van including the history...(very rare for a dealership)

5. We were not pressured to do "anything"

6. We met your service team (another thing that NEVER happens at dealerships)

7. You offered to make our first oil change appointment...hmmmm

8. Your Finance guy was not a "smoke and mirrors" guy...up front, honest and real!

9. We liked the fact that 10 or more sales guys weren't hovering around the door where customers enter....which makes car buying a nightmare

The most exciting part of the process was seeing the van cleaned and prepped, with the temporary tags on.....before we even knew the deal was sealed! Thanks for the experience.

Hope you didn't mind the little "plug" for you guys

FYI, if anyone would ike to know, I have the model numbers to the FOG LIGHT kit for the TC along with the site where to purchase. Let me know.

Justin :happy feet:

Did you buy the Blue Wagon that we sold a couple weeks ago? It is a good looking color. I like the blaack one we have on display as well. Good luck with your new TC. You can't miss mine if you see it on the roads around Houston.

Ed,

Yes, that would be me!

We made our decision to purchase the TC after seeing it at one of your competitors..but I didn't want the white one. Here is what helped us decide to buy it so fast:

1. We found your dealership on the internet and you were the only game in town with a Blue TC

4. Your team spent time explaining the buying process, details of the van including the history...(very rare for a dealership)

8. Your Finance guy was not a "smoke and mirrors" guy...up front, honest and real!

9. We liked the fact that 10 or more sales guys weren't hovering around the door where customers enter....which makes car buying a nightmare

The most exciting part of the process was seeing the van cleaned and prepped, with the temporary tags on.....before we even knew the deal was sealed! Thanks for the experience.

FYI, if anyone would ike to know, I have the model numbers to the FOG LIGHT kit for the TC along with the site where to purchase. Let me know.

Justin :happy feet:

Good luck with your TC. As a lot of people are finding out, we are one of the best kept secrets in Houston. We build relationships and work as a team; from top to bottom. Glad you found us.

Ed,

Yes, that would be me!

Justin happy feet.gif

Did you buy the Blue Wagon that we sold a couple weeks ago? It is a good looking color. I like the blaack one we have on display as well. Good luck with your new TC. You can't miss mine if you see it on the roads around Houston.

Humi....

(Justin)

OK, why would you want to keep us in the fog? Enlighten us please.....

Thanks,

REC

Humi....

(Justin)

Thanks,

REC

Ok....since you're twisting my arm, here is the data:

FOG LAMP Part numbers are as follows,

lights: 1209177

screws: 6707417

clips: 1369539

switch: 1323829

Here is a funny question for the group: How often do you get high beams flashed at you at night because other drivers think you have your high beams on?

Every single night, without fail, I get at least 10 passing cars flashing their lights at me....my lights are so damn bright and aim high, I don't blame them, but I have to keep my finger on the highbeam switch to get back at them!! :hysterical: I feel bad, but my kids love keeping count.

Does anyone out there experience the same issue? if so, did you adjust the lights? comments please!

Humi....

(Justin)

Thanks,

REC

Ok....since you're twisting my arm, here is the data:

FOG LAMP Part numbers are as follows,

lights: 1209177

screws: 6707417

clips: 1369539

switch: 1323829

Here is a funny question for the group: How often do you get high beams flashed at you at night because other drivers think you have your high beams on?

Every single night, without fail, I get at least 10 passing cars flashing their lights at me....my lights are so damn bright and aim high, I don't blame them, but I have to keep my finger on the highbeam switch to get back at them!! hysterical.gif I feel bad, but my kids love keeping count.

Does anyone out there experience the same issue? if so, did you adjust the lights? comments please!

Humi,

Now that you mention it... Yeah.

Even last night , a short trip to my wife's sister's house, I got blinked 4 times. I've checked the lights, and the pattern is slightly lower than my wife's Beetle. They are brighter though.

I want to go to the Silverstar bulbs (had 'em in the Crown Vic since day two..) as they're are not those bluish colored lights, but make a nice diffrence on a dark wet road. I liked them very much in the Crown. I drove from WPB to Tampa alot for a while (prior to marrying the woman and moving her!), and those lights made a world of difference on the two lane portion of Hwy 60 between the Turnpike and Valrico.

I'll be looking into that after Christmas and stuff. (Can you say financially embarrassed?)

Thanks for the tips on the Frog Lights. I'll be lookin' into those too.

Roland C.