Ford Transit Connect Forum

Fog Lamps

In the absence of a more appropriate forum/sub-forum, please excuse my posting this topic here.

One thing about the TC that makes me just shake my head is the presence of the completely non-functioning fog lamp apertures. To me, it's absolutely lame, and something the TC wears as the same kind of badge of shame as the wholly cosmetic and completely non-beneficial Pontiac G8's faux "hood scoop" and Mustang GT Appearance Package's "Side Scoops". Hell, you might as strap one of those "rice rocket" spoilers to the top. In fact, even if I could manage to overcome my GM disgust enough to allow myself to enjoy the incredible performance car (not to mention value) the G8 GT happens to be, I still wouldn't own one out of sheer contempt for a maker that can't simply let a great vehicle be a great vehicle without resorting to spinning bow ties and clown shoes. (And the same goes for the Mustang until they no longer offer wholly fake side scoops). But I again digress.

Anyway, I'm a BIG fog lamp proponent. I've already enabled my Flex's DTRL program to allow its fog lamps to become its DTRL's. But I MUCH prefer the yellow variety that actually increase visibility by cutting through fog instead of just making a vehicle more visible to others at the expense of additional glare. Plus, given the existence of the rear-facing fog lamp switch, it seems like the TC already has the control infrastructure in-place. In addition to correcting the fundamental wrong of a cosmetic-only feature, this seems like a terrific opportunity.

Has anyone investigated adding aftermarket fog lamps to the TC or perhaps offer any guidance for doing so?

Thanks!

In the absence of a more appropriate forum/sub-forum, please excuse my posting this topic here.

One thing about the TC that makes me just shake my head is the presence of the completely non-functioning fog lamp apertures. To me, it's absolutely lame, and something the TC wears as the same kind of badge of shame as the wholly cosmetic and completely non-beneficial Pontiac G8's faux "hood scoop" and Mustang GT Appearance Package's "Side Scoops". (Snip)

Has anyone investigated adding aftermarket fog lamps to the TC or perhaps offer any guidance for doing so?

Thanks!

Mad,

I've been under mine, and also under some similar vehicle (similar sized holes in the bumper..) and am trying to come up with a close to bolt in set. I haven't hit a home run yet, but have gotten into the same ballgame on a couple of types.

Two of the regular cars have a lamp siilar in size to the lamp used in Europe on the Connect. I also have a feeler in with a friend from across the pond and am looking inot the possibilities of an over the counter solution from there. It seems that this all takes an enormous amount of time but I have been looking into it for a while now.

I am also looking into the larger side mirrors too. I think they'd be nice to have.

Of late, I've been trying to get rid of the moises in the back of the van - so far, Spare tire and tether loose, spare bracket not quite secure, minor issues with the clips hlding the flares and bumper ends being loose (odd sound!). Still have a couple to go.

In time...

Roland C.

Happily Transiting shift.gif

One thing about the TC that makes me just shake my head is the presence of the completely non-functioning fog lamp apertures.

I can only speak from personal experience but... Most vehicles in Europe don't have front fog lights, yellow or otherwise. France is one of the exceptions (yellow headlights). Fog lights in almost every EU country are a bright red light mounted somewhere in the rear that you are only allow to use when visibility is less than 50 meters. You will get a ticket for using it any other time. The apertures are rather for DTRL which are standard on most vehicles nowadays since many (especially northern) EU countries mandate that you have your lights on for much, if not all, of the year.

As a curious aside - many years ago before I left for Europe, I got some yellow gels and tacked them on to my headlights here in the US. There is no comparison to the visibility you have with yellow headlights in the fog. No add-on light even comes close.

Mad,

I've been under mine, and also under some similar vehicle (similar sized holes in the bumper..) and am trying to come up with a close to bolt in set. I haven't hit a home run yet, but have gotten into the same ballgame on a couple of types.

Two of the regular cars have a lamp siilar in size to the lamp used in Europe on the Connect. I also have a feeler in with a friend from across the pond and am looking inot the possibilities of an over the counter solution from there. It seems that this all takes an enormous amount of time but I have been looking into it for a while now.

I am also looking into the larger side mirrors too. I think they'd be nice to have.

Of late, I've been trying to get rid of the moises in the back of the van - so far, Spare tire and tether loose, spare bracket not quite secure, minor issues with the clips hlding the flares and bumper ends being loose (odd sound!). Still have a couple to go.

Thanks, Roland. I too have been trying to ferret-out some squeaks and rattles, but I suspect they're the result of having been rear-ended last week. I might as well just let the body shop have their way and let them try to eradicate them on the insurance company's dime.

As a perhaps-interesting aside, it seems that Ford has indeed pulled-forward the Transit Connect into North America so aggressively that they don't even offer a touch-up paint solution for Frozen White (Z2). I've had several dealer parts desks who I've known to work miracles in the past shaking their head after Ford has told them that the official solution for the moment is to advise collision repairers to mix their best alternative. This is absolutely inexcusable.

I've been in contact with a couple European dealers (in th UK and on the Continent) with whom I'm arranging to provide me with not only touch-up pen/sticks, but also the 150ml spray can and a can of conventional paint to boot, all sent separately with the hope of that at least one will make it through US customs. I really get how important bringing products to market quickly has been to Ford's resurrection, but now that they've made so much progress resolving the product part of the equation, the glaring deficiencies that remain throughout the rest of their North American operations have become even more obvious.

In the same vein, I too have asked some EU-based sources to obtain the actual lamps which seem to be shared with the European Focus. Though I may not be able to obtain the yellow, high visibility lamps I'd love to have, they standard white lamps appear to have integrated brackets that seem to be ready-to-mount, provide the North American TC "faux" lamp holes can be readily prepared to accept them. Does it seem that the "orange juicer" covers are easily removable?

I'd appreciate any further insight you may have.

I can only speak from personal experience but... Most vehicles in Europe don't have front fog lights, yellow or otherwise. France is one of the exceptions (yellow headlights). Fog lights in almost every EU country are a bright red light mounted somewhere in the rear that you are only allow to use when visibility is less than 50 meters. You will get a ticket for using it any other time. The apertures are rather for DTRL which are standard on most vehicles nowadays since many (especially northern) EU countries mandate that you have your lights on for much, if not all, of the year.

Yes. Having lived in Belgium, I'm aware. However, as the audience here seems to be predominately American, and DTRL in the North American transit connect is implemented as an "always on" headlamp. with the lower bumper lights being referred-to as fog lamps, referring to them with any different terms would have been far less clear.

Thanks for the additional info.

Thanks, Roland. I too have been trying to ferret-out some squeaks and rattles, but I suspect they're the result of having been rear-ended last week. I might as well just let the body shop have their way and let them try to eradicate them on the insurance company's dime.

As a perhaps-interesting aside, it seems that Ford has indeed pulled-forward the Transit Connect into North America so aggressively that they don't even offer a touch-up paint solution for Frozen White (Z2). I've had several dealer parts desks who I've known to work miracles in the past shaking their head after Ford has told them that the official solution for the moment is to advise collision repairers to mix their best alternative. This is absolutely inexcusable.

I've been in contact with a couple European dealers (in th UK and on the Continent) with whom I'm arranging to provide me with not only touch-up pen/sticks, but also the 150ml spray can and a can of conventional paint to boot, all sent separately with the hope of that at least one will make it through US customs. I really get how important bringing products to market quickly has been to Ford's resurrection, but now that they've made so much progress resolving the product part of the equation, the glaring deficiencies that remain throughout the rest of their North American operations have become even more obvious.

In the same vein, I too have asked some EU-based sources to obtain the actual lamps which seem to be shared with the European Focus. Though I may not be able to obtain the yellow, high visibility lamps I'd love to have, they standard white lamps appear to have integrated brackets that seem to be ready-to-mount, provide the North American TC "faux" lamp holes can be readily prepared to accept them. Does it seem that the "orange juicer" covers are easily removable?

I'd appreciate any further insight you may have.

SNIP

Based on the ground crawling done last weekend, the "juicers" (good call there!) will need to be cut from the cover. They are apparently formed into it. I want to see this from underneath with the van on a lift. I have a problem seeing through the lower part of my bifocals to get a good look here. It is possible I just can't see the "removable-ness" from the angle I was looking. From the outside, I honestly think they are a formed in part. I'll be cutting a slightly smaller hole and filing them to the appropriate size when I get into it.

I have had the same experience with the touch-up paint, though the shop that did the rear hit here was able to match the color quite well. The painter (one who I've known since high school, and who worked for me for quite a period) is exceptional with lighter color matches. He hit that one pretty well dead on.

He also was good with red. He shot the reworks on my '53 F-100 after it got hit.... 3 different times.

I'll be anxious to see what you come up with on the Euro side for the fog lamps as far as brackets. I crawled under a Fusion that belongs to another friend and they look somewhat adaptable. I may ask for a pair for Christmas from my wife. That will require that I make it work, as I certainly don't want to do something that wouldn't end up working! (She's a bit on the frugal side.)

Roland C.

Happily Transiting shift.gif

Edited by REC

Hi Roland. Thanks for jumping in.

I went to a local dealer today who called me back after I inquired about the paint issue. They had no more help to offer obtaining OEM paint, but they have an affiliated body shop that, entirely on their own, took it upon themselves to mix a custom batch of their interpretation of "Frozen White" which they then sent to the dealer with their courier for my benefit absolutely gratis. While I do have some HTG (honest to goodness) Frozen White on its way over from the EU, (including clear cover coat), I was stunned by their unsolicited service. It makes me feel horrible that I couldn't have made it work to buy any of my 3 vehicles from them. (Although I did see a demo-driven EcoBoosted Flex on their showroom floor that I just might trade my 6-month old 2009 Flex to obtain). :)

Anyway, the parts counter was good enough to print-out the parts diagram for the front bumper fascia; and precisely as you've noticed, despite the different color plastic and initial appearance, the black "inserts" do indeed seem to be fully integrated. Furthermore, no discreet part numbers exist. I suspect it would take a hole saw and a very stable hand to turn what we have into what I want. I swear, you have to live in the EU to own a decent TC. :) I just can't wait until they tool a domestic facility and can start making the full compliment of TC's and options available (including a Short Wheelbase version, one with left, right, or NO side doors, and so forth.) As a very pleased shareholder, I live in abject fear that Ford's recent darling halo may become a bit tarnished if North America ever REALLY figures out just how good Ford vehicles have been abroad for the past 30 years while they've effectively left the hometown fans to languish. Granted, European prices support MUCH more development and investment, (something WE in the states are going to benefit from tremendously as the global platforms finally reach full availability), and we can't get enough kids to finish high school, let alone pursue engineering degrees that would allow Ford to operate any sort of reasonable design capability here in the states, but those are other matters entirely.

When mine goes in for collision repair, I'm going to ask them to have an in-depth look at the front end and precisely what may be made from the "dummy" fascia that exists. If it's as simple as drilling-out the juicers and fashioning a collar to mount the lamps, that's easy enough. I hope that proves to be the case.

Many thanks!

Contact Trevor Porter at trevor@fordpartsuk.com or www.fordpartsuk.com

Fog Lamps Part #1209177 (Qty. 2)

Lamp Screws Part #6707417 (Qty. 6)

Lamp Clips Part #1369539 (Qty. 6)

Headlamp Switch Part #1323829 (Qty. 1)

Trevor can email you pics and diagrams of these parts along with pricing and methods of payment. All the parts will be shipped from the UK, with the exception of the switch, which will ship from Germany in order to have the proper set-up for LHD as opposed to the UK's RHD. The switch replaces your stock switch. The US fascia is different then the UK version. You will have to cut out the existing blank-out, as it is molded into the fascia. Even though the UK fog lamps come with the mounting bracket attached, you will have to fabricate some way to mount them from the back side of the fascia. I am going to fab my from aluminum and epoxy them to the back side, unless you want to spend the money for a UK fascia. There appears to be no existing plug-in in the existing US model harness (although there may be). That being said, there may be a need to run a few wires. If you are not versed in automotive electrics, and want everything to work properly with the new switch, I would have the installation done by an expert. Of course you can always just use a proper diameter fog lamp and simple rocker switch from any automotive parts store for an inexpensive installation.

One thing about the TC that makes me just shake my head is the presence of the completely non-functioning fog lamp apertures. To me, it's absolutely lame, and something the TC wears as the same kind of badge of shame as the wholly cosmetic and completely non-beneficial Pontiac G8's faux "hood scoop" and Mustang GT Appearance Package's "Side Scoops". Hell, you might as strap one of those "rice rocket" spoilers to the top. In fact, even if I could manage to overcome my GM disgust enough to allow myself to enjoy the incredible performance car (not to mention value) the G8 GT happens to be, I still wouldn't own one out of sheer contempt for a maker that can't simply let a great vehicle be a great vehicle without resorting to spinning bow ties and clown shoes. (And the same goes for the Mustang until they no longer offer wholly fake side scoops). But I again digress.

Anyway, I'm a BIG fog lamp proponent. I've already enabled my Flex's DTRL program to allow its fog lamps to become its DTRL's. But I MUCH prefer the yellow variety that actually increase visibility by cutting through fog instead of just making a vehicle more visible to others at the expense of additional glare. Plus, given the existence of the rear-facing fog lamp switch, it seems like the TC already has the control infrastructure in-place. In addition to correcting the fundamental wrong of a cosmetic-only feature, this seems like a terrific opportunity.

Thanks!

Thanks, King Neptune!

I've actually crossed-paths with Trevor within the past 24 hours, and he's been terrifically helpful; but this has really boiled everything down to its essence. Thanks a bunch.

I'd already deduced that the fascia/aperture is a single piece, and a hole saw is about as elegant as it's likely to get. (If only I had been hit in the FRONT end instead of the rear, I might have been able to work-in an EU bumper into the repairs. :) But then again, I should shut my mouth and not tempt fate. Repair parts are already going to be enough a problem.)

With respect to the additional mounting hardware, unless it's to secure the fog lamp to the bracket that's ultimately mated (in bespoke manner) to the back of the cut-outs, are they even necessary? For the few additional dollars, I'm sure it's not worth worrying about; but by the time I'm done, I'd like to have documented an A to Z process. (I've already started contacting local firms that do boutique CNC and Hydrojet milling.)

Rather than replacing the entire switch assembly, I may simply wire it into the existing switch poles used for the standards "reverse" fog lamp. It may very well simplify the process.

Thanks again for having checked this out and sharing your findings. I had been planning to post an update, but my day's schedule got the best of me (which included my first trip to a body shop for an estimate).

Thanks again!

If I was smarter, I'd have just had Trevor send a proper EU Transit Connect over "Johnny Cash" style. :)

• 4 months later...

I have also been researching the foglight addition idea. Here is a picture of the OEM foglight.

foglight2.jpg

From the picture and my correspondence with some UK Connect owners there are 4 bolts that hold it to the front fascia.

Also in Europe the headlight switch for a TC with front fogs has 2 pull out stops. The first is for the front foglights and the second is for the rears. Since the front foglights are an option over there there is also a switch with just one stop for the rears. The latter is the switch we get here in the US.

Just sticking myhead under the front it looks like there is plenty of room to work with on the passenger side but there is some plastic box/cover makingit very hard to reach the foglight area on the drivers side. Haven't had a chance to check the wiring yet, but I'm hoping this is like my 2001 Focus where wiring,etc. for many thing was there. It just wasn't hooked up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is a TC spares vendor in the UK who is selling 2010 Ford TC fog lamps on eBay. He purportedly has more than 10 available. They are 55W Halogen lamps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310218365056&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

From the looks of things, I guess that one would have to take a hole saw to the back of the "decorative" plug which Ford put in our bumpers to accommodate the actual real fog lights. Plastic cement and a few well placed black screws may complete the camouflage.

Edited by Top Cat

I bought the lamps from Bulgaria and they got here today. They are not like the photos of the Ford lamps as shown above. They are a one piece housing the would be held in place by two screws. You need to remove the juice squeezers then mount these in the holes. I'll work on getting out my squeezers and report on what I find. There is no plug just two pigtails for conections. The price was right and they got here quicker then some stuff I ordered off the west coast, I live in Ohio.

John

<br />I bought the lamps from Bulgaria and they got here today. They are not like the photos of the Ford lamps as shown above. They are a one piece housing the would be held in place by two screws. You need to remove the juice squeezers then mount these in the holes. I'll work on getting out my squeezers and report on what I find. There is no plug just two pigtails for conections. The price was right and they got here quicker then some stuff I ordered off the west coast, I live in Ohio.<br />John<br />
<br /><br /><br />

John,

I also purchased a set, but for now at least I've been a bit reluctant to cut into my new Transit Connect.

I will be watching your progress with great interest while I try to work up the courage to install my own lamps.

For some reason it didn't seem as scary when I added a drivers side, slider window and roof hatch to my brand new '77 Dodge van.

Roland(boomer43)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought the lamps from Bulgaria and they got here today. They are not like the photos of the Ford lamps as shown above. They are a one piece housing the would be held in place by two screws. You need to remove the juice squeezers then mount these in the holes. I'll work on getting out my squeezers and report on what I find. There is no plug just two pigtails for conections. The price was right and they got here quicker then some stuff I ordered off the west coast, I live in Ohio.

John

Good luck JJ! Please keep up advised on your progress.

• 4 months later...

I have been following this fog light post for many months. Here is what I have started. The post from Hal gave me the idea to first replace the lighting switch. The switch with two fog lamp postions, front and rear, as used in Europe, had an issue. The switch bezel was of a different design. When the pictures of the 2011 Transit Connect, which has front and rear fog lamps as an option, began to be posted last month, I looked very closely and noticed there were two icons for fog lamps on the bezel. I ordered the 2011 Ford Transit Connect lighting switch from my Ford dealer. Part number SW-6877, BT1Z-11654-A. Sure enough, it has two positions for fog lamps, just like Hal mentioned. Pull it out to the first stop for front fog lamps, and pull again to the second stop for rear fog lamps. The switch is a direct replacement, pin 83b is the +12 volts for the front fog lamp position, use it to enable a relay to power your front fog lights. Funny thing is, pin 83b is broken off on the original light switch!

My next step will be to install fog lamps in place of the "juicers". I have doubts the fog lamps from eBay/Bulgaria will fit but would like to hear from someone who tried. I think the fog lamps from the 2011 Transit Connect will have the same issue. I do not think just cutting out the back of the "juicers" will give the fog lamp housings enough room to sit back far enough.

Any information on fog lamps will be appreciated.

Here is my update. it has been a long time coming! I looked for lighting that would be a easy fit in the "juicer" location. After many months and many web pages I found Hella HL88708 Optilux Projector work lamps. They are not listed as fog lamps or even driving lamps. Work lamps flood the area with light, no cut off top or bottom. After seeing how easy they would be to mount, I bought a pair to try out. Drill a 1 3/4 inch hole right down the center of the 'juicer" and that's it. The lamp mounts from the back with a large, 2 inch nut that tightens to the back of the "juicer". As for their lighting ability, lets say you would not be able to leave them on in traffic, they are bright! I was not expecting that much light from a 893 bulb with 37.5 watt output. The projector glass really makes a difference. The light projects further then the headlamps on low beam. So if you are looking for more light than fog lamps, this may be the way to go. I bought them (about 20.00 each) from WWW.RALLYLIGHTS.COM which is Susquehanna MotorSports. Nice people to deal with and their web site has everything you need to know or need about lighting. I have posted pictures in the gallery of the lamp mounted in my 2010 Transit Connect, also the 2011 lighting switch also mounted in my 2010. The lighting switch worked out quite well. The front fog lamp position allows the fog lamps to be on in the parking light position as well as the headlamp position.

This fog lamp string started in November of 2009. Madlock coined the term "juicer" (perfect description) and JWWOODY up to now has been the only one to actually post a completed fog light installation. Has anyone else completed a fog lamp install on a 2010 Transit Connect?

Now that I have the wiring and relay in place, I will continue to look for proper fog lamps. For now, since I live out in the country, I will have no problem finding reasons to turn on my new lighting.

Edited by 103west43rd

I have been following this fog light post for many months. Here is what I have started. The post from Hal gave me the idea to first replace the lighting switch. The switch with two fog lamp postions, front and rear, as used in Europe, had an issue. The switch bezel was of a different design. When the pictures of the 2011 Transit Connect, which has front and rear fog lamps as an option, began to be posted last month, I looked very closely and noticed there were two icons for fog lamps on the bezel. I ordered the 2011 Ford Transit Connect lighting switch from my Ford dealer. Part number SW-6877, BT1Z-11654-A. Sure enough, it has two positions for fog lamps, just like Hal mentioned. Pull it out to the first stop for front fog lamps, and pull again to the second stop for rear fog lamps. The switch is a direct replacement, pin 83b is the +12 volts for the front fog lamp position, use it to enable a relay to power your front fog lights. Funny thing is, pin 83b is broken off on the original light switch!

My next step will be to install fog lamps in place of the "juicers". I have doubts the fog lamps from eBay/Bulgaria will fit but would like to hear from someone who tried. I think the fog lamps from the 2011 Transit Connect will have the same issue. I do not think just cutting out the back of the "juicers" will give the fog lamp housings enough room to sit back far enough.

That's terrific. You really must have found a terrific Ford Europe dealer to work with.

You MAY be better-off simply waiting until the 2011 units arrive and lower fascias and the fog lamps themselves can be ordered as parts.

That's terrific. You really must have found a terrific Ford Europe dealer to work with.

You MAY be better-off simply waiting until the 2011 units arrive and lower fascias and the fog lamps themselves can be ordered as parts.

I obtained the light switch from my local Ford dealer. That is the American 2011 part number.

I thought about replacing the front bumper cover with the 2011 style. The problem is the cost. The bumper cover in gray is over $250. I did not price the fog lamp units.

I've got a terrific one fer ya.

I'd been bitching about this dumbed-down orange juicer fog lamp issue since becoming a TC owner. And I've been looking for solutions - up to and including trying to figure-out which parts I could obtain in a cost effective manner from Ford EU to give back whatever I could of what had been taken away to create the North American TC.

I was delighted to see the news about the switch from the 2011 model being available, and after looking through the fordparts.com online catalog for 2011 TC, I managed to find SOME but not all of the foglamp parts and components (about half seem to be missing from the online database, but so was the dual fog lamp control switch). But that left me with the same dilemma as most people - do I haul out my Dremel and perhaps do something that both can't be undone and ultimately won't fit the makeshift parts I'd otherwise cobble together to shine a light through each newly-made hole, or do I pop the $460.00 to buy a front bumper fascia for a 2011 TC and have at it? I'd be looking at almost $1,000 for a factory-like retrofit?

Well, a neighbor may have helped me along the way. I have real peckerhead of a neighbor who, rather than having to do his own driveway do-si-do to rearrange his cars, had made a habit of parking along the curb directly in front of my home instead - and rather than using other curb space only a few yards farther that wouldn't inconvenience anyone. I'd have sent him and his piece of crap Buick packing were it not for my wife's incessant pleading and aversion to confrontation. I've managed to keep him honest by parking my own car in front of my house rather than always in the driveway or garage - and I have to confess the notion of having an additional car I could leave parked - just to keep claim on the space in front of my own damned house was no small side benefit to adding another car when I bought my TC.

Before going away for a week's vacation, I had parked my Shelby in my garage and my daily drivers in the driveway, leaving the Transit Connect curbside. When we arrived home, atop the mail my in-laws collected was a handwritten note from my favorite neighbor on which he scrawled, "Scratched the front driver's side bumper of your truck." When I woke-up from sleeping-off the jet lag and could see the van in daylight, lo' and behold, there it was.... a series of scuffs and gouges.

scuff.JPG?psid=1

Now, don't ask me how the hell he managed to do this. He not only lives across the street, but his driveway is a good 75 feet away from mine. I'm still scratching my head over HOW he did it, but I'm not going to let it stand in the way of the fact that, presuming there's no underlying structural damage, my "favorite" neighbor and bane of my neighborhood existence is going to be paying for the fascia.

They say God watches out over children and fools. In this case, I'm pretty happy to be in my forties.

• 4 months later...

Here is my update. it has been a long time coming! I looked for lighting that would be a easy fit in the "juicer" location. After many months and many web pages I found Hella HL88708 Optilux Projector work lamps. They are not listed as fog lamps or even driving lamps. Work lamps flood the area with light, no cut off top or bottom. After seeing how easy they would be to mount, I bought a pair to try out. Drill a 1 3/4 inch hole right down the center of the 'juicer" and that's it. The lamp mounts from the back with a large, 2 inch nut that tightens to the back of the "juicer". As for their lighting ability, lets say you would not be able to leave them on in traffic, they are bright! I was not expecting that much light from a 893 bulb with 37.5 watt output. The projector glass really makes a difference. The light projects further then the headlamps on low beam. So if you are looking for more light than fog lamps, this may be the way to go. I bought them (about 20.00 each) from WWW.RALLYLIGHTS.COM which is Susquehanna MotorSports. Nice people to deal with and their web site has everything you need to know or need about lighting. I have posted pictures in the gallery of the lamp mounted in my 2010 Transit Connect, also the 2011 lighting switch also mounted in my 2010. The lighting switch worked out quite well. The front fog lamp position allows the fog lamps to be on in the parking light position as well as the headlamp position.

This fog lamp string started in November of 2009. Madlock coined the term "juicer" (perfect description) and JWWOODY up to now has been the only one to actually post a completed fog light installation. Has anyone else completed a fog lamp install on a 2010 Transit Connect?

Now that I have the wiring and relay in place, I will continue to look for proper fog lamps. For now, since I live out in the country, I will have no problem finding reasons to turn on my new lighting.