Ford Transit Connect Forum

need winter tires

spinkitty

I have a 2010 Transit Connect that I want to purchase winter tires for. I need snow tires rather than ones for ice. What winter tires have you purchased? Are you happy with them? Would you recommend them? I know it's a little late to be looking, but better late than never.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought a set of Nokian 7's. No snow yet, so I have no report. But, they are way quieter, and the handling is lighter. They have got to be better than the stockers in the snow. They couldn't much handle anything.

I still haven't bought any snows yet and decided not to for this winter season. I've had no problems with the original tires driving in snow. Drove through a lot of snow the first winter I had my Transit, but not much snow last year and so far not much snow this year. I did have a problem with one of the original tires going out of round. When it was checked at a tire repair place, their balancing machine said it was in balance, but the vibrations when it is on my van tell me that it isn't. It's now my spare.

• 10 months later...

I still haven't bought any snows yet and decided not to for this winter season. I've had no problems with the original tires driving in snow. Drove through a lot of snow the first winter I had my Transit, but not much snow last year and so far not much snow this year. I did have a problem with one of the original tires going out of round. When it was checked at a tire repair place, their balancing machine said it was in balance, but the vibrations when it is on my van tell me that it isn't. It's now my spare.

I wonder if perhaps your tire has a broken belt. It will still be in balance but it will shake like a wet dog. It happens sometimes and there's not much one can do about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Costco quoted me 1 tire type only. It's a Michelin X-Ice Xi3 with a 9th load range that's higher than the 95T required. Unfortunately, it's also the tire of choice for older Carl's and Taurus so availability is shoddy at best.

My dealer has yet to return my call.

I sure wish Ford would speak up and reply to this forum.