Ford Transit Connect Forum

Ford Gets Back in the Minivan Game

Ford Gets Back in the Minivan Game

Phil LeBeau / CNBC

14TCWagon_570.jpg

2014 Ford Transit Connect

Let’s get something straight. As much as Ford Motor may not want to admit it, the new Transit Connect Wagon is basically a minivan.

Whether you call it a wagon, minivan or people mover (yes, Ford has used that term), what matters is whether the Transit Connect Wagon actually connects with buyers.

It is not like the typical minivan, which could open it up to a wider variety of potential customers beyond the traditional minivan buyers — families in suburban America.'

READ MORE HERE

• 1 year later...

As per the 8.18 issue of Automotive News, the 2014 Transit Connect seven seater makes up 85 percent of Transit Connect Wagon sales. Wagon sales are now 34 percent of all Transit Connect sales, up from 13 percent from the 2010-2013 version. Sales in July totaled 4,090, up 42 percent from July 2013.

The fusion running gear and engine more than makes up for 7 inches of lost roof height for me.

hey im glad you like your van let me ask you when you have the doors closed does the remote opens the rear doors as well do you have the 180 doors in the back ?

thank you

the key remote unlocks front only with 1 push

2 push on the button unlocks ALL the doors

thanks thats a relief i saw somewhere the remote wont open the back doors you need to use the keys which would be ridiculous ,let me ask you do you have the lift gate?

Thanks

thanks thats a relief i saw somewhere the remote wont open the back doors you need to use the keys which would be ridiculous ,let me ask you do you have the lift gate?

Thanks

dual symetrical 180 doors with glass and wipers .

I have the XLT so all doors have auto lock as soon as you start driving or backing up . when you stop and open driver door only all doors unlock automatically .

the doors have child proof switches too that can be set to prevent opening doors from inside . even though it is a cargo van .

Edited by mustang

dual symetrical 180 doors with glass and wipers .

I have the XLT so all doors have auto lock as soon as you start driving or backing up . when you stop and open driver door only all doors unlock automatically .

the doors have child proof switches too that can be set to prevent opening doors from inside . even though it is a cargo van .

I have a 2013 XLT cargo and only the side doors unlock when one door is opened. The rear door only opens with the key either inserted or using the deck lid button.